Sunday, February 13, 2005

Special Snow Dispatch

This is an email I sent on January 22, the day of the Blizzard of '05. Thought I would reprint it, with permission from the author:

Dear all,

We have spent most of the day indoors today, since around noon the
snow began to fall in what all the papers are already calling the
Blizzard of 2005. It's now 5:30 p.m. and there are about 6 inches on
the ground...and no end in sight until tomorrow afternoon. Tomorrow I
hope to convince Andres to venture out to Prospect Park with me for a
snowy frolic and perhaps a good snowball fight. I haven't experienced
snow like this since Thanksgiving 2002 in Tahoe! Then again, it's not
a good comparison...all we had to do then was drive away when we were
done with it. We are very much snowbound here. Check out this
picture, taken a few hours ago, then mentally add 4 inches.

Otherwise all is well. The jobs are fine, my parents are doing great,
we still love Brooklyn. Not much exciting news to report. We are
adjusting to the frigid temperatures slowly and begrudgingly with new
and revived additions to our wardrobes. I dug out my long silk
underwear, which I bought at Sierra Designs circa 1997 and have
previously only worn camping in the Trinity Alps. Glad to have them
now, lemme tell you! I am daydreaming about springtime. There are so
many places we have yet to explore, I can hardly wait. Won't you come
explore with us? Plenty of room here on Sterling Place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home