Sunday, July 01, 2007

Hometown Kids Root for the Home Team

Wednesday night, I finally made it to my first game at Shea this season with Andres, Mom, Dad, Sasch and special guest star Rhory Moss. Rhory grew up around the corner from us on 85th and West End, and he and Sascha (and I, too) are back living in NYC after many years away in Boston and San Francisco, respectively. So it was only fitting that we came together to root for our hometown team. And how sweet it was to see the Mets beat the Cards...even though the game was rained out after the 6th inning. But that was enough, because the score was 2-0. Take that, Cards!

Here's Rhory in his gorgeous yellow rain attire with Euge - their mutual adoration is written all over their adorable faces!

But the real reason for this post was so I could include this final photo of Sascha and Rhory at their 5th grade graduation from P.S. 166, June 1980. That's Laurel, Eugene and the late and much beloved Joy Moss. I'm the kid with the mullet eating a brownie. How ridonkulously cute is this? We love you Rhory, welcome home!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

yes, its ridonkulously cute!! (this is debbie not doug)

7:16 PM  
Blogger vettjohn said...

Hello! My name is Evette and I found your blob/post after 'Googling' an old classmate of mine. Rhory Moss and I High both attended JFK High School (Bronx, NY). Quite frankly, I had quite the crush on Rhory all throughout HS and in the years since graduating,I have always been curious as to how he was doing and what he's been up to.

If Rhory has some time and isn't in a committed relationship, I'd love to catch up with him. I tried a few years back to no avail ro make contact w/him via classmates.com. I would be so appreciative,if you passed my email address to Rhory so if he's interested, he could reach out and we could chat at his leisure. Again, thank you for your blog comments, and I hope that I'm able catch up with Rhory. Thank you and Stay Well!

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home